Hello to all you parents :) I am currently in an Adolescent
Psychology class and one of the assignments is to ask parents some
questions about how you handle raising your teenagers and what the
joys and hardships are. It's a virtual activity assignment, so all
the questions must be asked and answered online. If you could answer
any of the following or all of them if you want, I'd really appreciate
it. And if you do answer some of the questions, could you also please
put the number of the question next to your response? Thank you for
your answers and your time! :)
1. What are the biggest joys, as well as challenges, in parenting
2. What types of disputes do you experience with your teen?
3. What coping mechanisms do you use to deal with these disputes?
4. What are your feelings about your teen getting into steady
What guidelines or rules will you (or have you) established?
5. What are your feelings about your teen and part-time work?
6. What types of changes have your experienced as a result of
parenting a teen?
7. What are your feelings about the friends of your teens?
Do you have guidelines or expectancies that you share with your teen
regarding their friends?
8. Do you feel that your teen respects your decisions? Why or why
9. Do you feel that being a teen is more or less stressful than your
own teen experience?
10. What words of advice would you give to an individual just
starting to parent a teen?
Thanks again! -Natalie-