My son's school has turned down my request to have him tested for the gifted program. He is in first grade and the school wants to wait until next year when they will have another set of Stan 10 scores. He received a referral from his teacher and score of 98% in Stan test last year. Any tips on dealing with this situation? Should I be patient or push it?