Personal Parenting -- Creating Relationships While Raising Children and Teens
Dates: March 1-3, 2013
Location: The Haven Institue, Gabriola Island, BC
Instructors: Denise Goldbeck & Randy Wong
Tuition: $390.00 early bird / $430 regular, plus accommodation and meals
If you are having trouble relating to your teen, communicating with your child on their level, expressing your thoughts and feelings in a way your children will understand, or wish to understand yourself more as a parent in relating to your child.....this is a unique opportunity you don't want to miss.
This program is for parents, grandparents and caregivers who want to explore and improve their relationships with their children. This process will have a positive impact on their children’s growth, their own sense of self, and their connections with partners and other significant adults. Our emphasis is on developing personal, empathic relationships between adults and children, and between adults.
Personal Parenting offers you the opportunity to:
• Learn the basics of a child's social, cognitive, and moral development at different stages
• Learn how to interpret your child's / teen's words and actions
• Learn to adapt a communication model specific for your child at any age
• Express deep feelings around parenting and learn to incorporate responsible expression into your daily life
• Explore how your own childhood impacts your parenting
• Discover your own attachment style and its interaction with the styles of your children and partners
• Create in your adult relationships a healthy environment for your own growth and that of your children
The program schedule is as follows:
• Friday, March 1st, 7:00pm to 10.00pm
• Saturday, March 2nd, 9.00am to 10:00pm (With Breaks)
• Sunday, March 3rd, 9.00am to 12.00pm
The program will include presentation of ideas drawn from developmental psychology and time for group processing and questions. There will be opportunities to practice communication and to explore and express feelings through breath, movement and other experiential forms. Come with your parenting partners if you can.
About the Instructors
Denise Goldbeck is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with BA and a Masters from SFU in Experimental Psychology. She is also currently a candidate for a Phd in Education. She has over 30 years combined experience in teaching adults and children, counselling individuals of all backgrounds, and consulting other educators and therapists. As a child developmentalist, she has focused her career on topics such as self-awareness, communication, psychotherapy, and human development. Read more about Denise's bio and approach to parenting:
Randy Wong BSc, MEd has worked for Adult Mental Health Services in Victoria providing community based counselling in a multi-disciplinary team setting since 1993. He has also been involved as coordinator and a supervisor of a masters' level practicum at the mental health clinic where he works. Randy incorporates into his clinical work and parenting, caring, warmth, humour and a keen interest in intra and interpersonal process and dynamics.
#501-475 West Georgia, St.Vancouver, BC V6B 4M9.
Tel: 778-588-0643, Fax: 604-684-1429