Time: 30-40 minutes
Effort: Easy - some sewing required
- Baggy, tan, long-sleeved shirt
- Baggy, tan pants
- Styrofoam balls (from a craft store)
- Quick-drying black paint and brush
- Tan yarn
- Tan fabric (enough to make shoes and a collar)
- Foam (the squishy kind, for the soles of the shoes)
- Needle and thread
- Not-so-baggy shirt (tan or brown works best)
- Straw hat (optional)
Instructions: With the paint, write the word "Potatoes" on the baggy shirt. Put on the smaller, less baggy shirt, the baggy shirt, and the pants. Put some of the Styrofoam balls in the BAGGY shirt. Put a few of the Styrofoam balls in the very bottom of the pants, around the ankles. Tie the bottoms of the pants closed with the yarn. Do the same at the wrists. Use the fabric to make moccasins by tying and sewing it around your foot. Sew the foam to the bottom of the shoes. Use the rest of the fabric to make a collar around the neck and tie string around it. There you have it: A sack o' potatoes!
Other Details: Add a straw hat for effect.