Well, technically today is Cuatro de Mayo, but it's the perfect time to start planning a quick little party to celebrate this holiday with your kids!
We've got some fun and easy activities so your whole family can get in on the fiesta fun:
- Test your knowledge with this Cinco de Mayo quiz!
- Take a tour of Mexico. This printable asks your kids questions about Mexico, and they use a map to help figure out the answers!
- Make your very own Papier-Mâché Piñata.
- Plant an avocado seed and watch it grow into your own avocado tree!
- Make some sombreros so you can wear dinner hats at the dinner table.
- Create your own Mexican-inspired meal with these recipes for perfect nachos, fiesta tacos, enchilada pie, and rolled cinnamon chocolate cake.
So tell us-- how are you planning on celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Do you have any great, family-favorite recipes or activities to share? Or is it just a regular day in your household?