Meaning and Origin of: Ren
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Japanese : Waterlily
Last name origin & meaning:
- English : unexplained. Perhaps a variant of Wren.
- Dutch (de Ren) : origin unexplained.
- Variant spelling of German Renn.
- Swedish : soldier’s name, from ren ‘reindeer’.
- Chinese : from the name of Rencheng ‘Ren City’, which was granted to Yu Yang, the 25th son of the Emperor Huang Di (2697–2595 bc). Some of his descendants later adopted the place name as their surname.