Meaning and Origin of: Pol
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Latin : Little one
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Catalan and Occitan : from the personal name Pol, equivalent to Paul.
- Dutch : topographic name for someone who lived by a grassy mound, from Middle Dutch pol ‘tussock’.
- German and Jewish (Ashkenazic) : variant of Pohl.
- Polish : ethnic name or regional name meaning ‘Pole’ (see Polak).
- Polish : from a shortened or reduced form of any of several personal name containing the syllable -pol-, e.g. Polikarp, Hipolit, or Leopold.