Meaning and Origin of: Newlin
First name origins & meanings:
- Old English, French : From the manor; kernel
- Old Welsh : Pool
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- English : from the Old French personal name Nevelon, continental Germanic Neveling, Nivelung (see Niebling).
- English : possibly a habitational name from East Newlyn, Cornwall, which takes its name from the patron saint of the church there, Niwelina.
- Probably an Americanized form of German Neuling, a nickname for a newcomer or inexperienced person, from Middle Low German nilinge ‘newly’, ‘recent’.
- Americanized form of Norwegian and Swedish Nylund.