Meaning and Origin of: Moon
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Korean : From the moon; letters
Last name origin & meaning:
- Irish : Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Mocháin (see Mohan).
- English (of Norman origin) : habitational name from Moyon in La Manche, named from the Gallo-Roman personal name Modius (from Latin modus ‘measure’) + the locative suffix -o (genitive -onis).
- English : nickname from Anglo-Norman French moun ‘monk’ (see Monk).
- Cornish : nickname for a slender person, from Cornish mon ‘thin’.
- Korean : variant of Mun.