Meaning and Origin of: Malina
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Greek : High tower
- Hebrew : Woman from Magdala; variation of Magdalene
- Hebrew : Tower
- Native American : Soothing
- Greek : Gentle one; honey
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Czech, Slovak, Polish, and Jewish (Ashkenazic) : from the common Slavic word malina ‘raspberry’, used as a nickname for a pretty girl or an attractive person. As a Jewish surname it is generally ornamental.
- Polish : possibly also a nickname derived from mały ‘small’.