Meaning and Origin of: Lorette
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Latin : Laurel leaves; honor; fame; spirit
- Old German : Where Lothar dwells
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- French : habitational name from Lorette in the Loire, whose name is cognate with that of Loreto in Italy.
- French : from a French form of Italian Loreto, either a metronymic from the female personal name or the surname probably alludes to the Italian place name, possibly denoting someone who had been on a pilgrimage to Loreto.
- French and English : from a pet form of Laura, a feminine form of Lawrence.