Meaning and Origin of: Linden
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Spanish : Pretty
- Old English : Linden tree
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Dutch, German, and Jewish (Ashkenazic) : variant (plural) of Linde.
- English : variant spelling of Lindon.
- Belgian and Dutch (van Linden) : habitational name from places called Linden in Brabant and North Brabant.
- Dutch (van der Linden) : habitational name from any of numerous places called Ter Linde.
- Irish : reduced form of McLinden.
- Swedish (Lindén) : ornamental name from lind ‘lime tree’ + the common suffix -én, from the Latin adjectival ending -enius.