Meaning and Origin of: Krock
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Middle English : Crook
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- German : habitational name for someone from the city of Kraków in Poland, from a shortened form of Kraker, a Silesian variant of German Krakauer.
- Germanized variant of Polish Krok.
- North German (also Kröck) : topographic name from Low German krock ‘crack’, ‘crevice’ (plural kröcke).
- Dutch : nickname for someone with long, curly, or thick hair, from Middle Dutch crook, croke ‘curly locks’, ‘mop (of hair)’.
- Jewish : variant spelling of Krok.