Meaning and Origin of: Keel
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Gaelic : Beautiful and graceful
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- English : habitational name from Keele in Staffordshire, named from Old English c̄ ‘cows’ + hyll ‘hill’, or from East and West Keal in Lincolnshire, which are named from Old Norse kjǫlr ‘ridge’.
- Irish : reduced form of McKeel.
- Swiss German : probably a variant of Kehl 2.
- Americanized spelling of German Kühl (see Kuhl) or Kiehl, Kiel (see Kiel).