Meaning and Origin of: Cesar
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Greek : Long-haired; hairy
- Latin : A fine head of hair; Famous emperor
- Shakespearean : From Julius Caesar
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- French and Portuguese (César); from the personal name César, French and Portuguese equivalent of Caesar (see Cesare).
- Slovenian and Croatian (northern Croatia) : from cesar ‘emperor’, nickname for a person who behaved in an imperious manner or for an administrative official in the service of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.