Meaning and Origin of: Casa
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Greek : Long-haired; hairy
- Latin : A fine head of hair; Famous emperor
- Shakespearean : From Julius Caesar
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish : from casa ‘house’ (Latin casa ‘hut’, ‘cottage’, ‘cabin’), perhaps originally denoting the occupier of the most distinguished house in a village.
- Italian : from a short form of the personal name Benincasa, an omen name meaning ‘welcome in (our) house’.
- Italian (Sicily; Casà) : probably a metonymic occupational name for a maker of saddlecloths, from Greek kasas ‘saddlecloth’.