Meaning and Origin of: Bergen
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- German : Mountain dweller
- Old English : Free citizen; shopkeeper
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Dutch : topographic name for someone who lived on or by a hill, or a habitational name from any of various places named with this word.
- German : inflected variant of Berg (originally after a preposition, as in an or zu Bergen).
- Swedish : variant of Berg.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : habitational name from any of the various German places called Bergen.