Meaning and Origin of: Andros
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Greek : Valiant, courageous
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- English : variant of Andrews.
- Swiss German and Hungarian : derivative of the personal name Andreas.
- Perhaps a reduced form of Greek Andronikos, Andronidis, or some other similar surname, all patronymics from Andreas.
- William Andros came to VA in 1617 and died there about 1655. Sir Edmund Andros (1637–1714) was the British colonial governor of several provinces in America between 1674 and 1698, most notably NY (1674–81).